Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No. 8338-YF
Assignment Title: Software Architect
Reference No. RS-SSHP-8338YF-CS-IC-19-18.104.22.168
Date: June 28, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
The Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) should achieve the upgrading of the information system of the Dr Milan Jovanovic Batut Institute of Public Health of Serbia (hereinafter referred to as “IPH”) as their final result, by:
- Providing the General IPH Health Information Systems (IPH-IS) Plan and written recommendations on investments in the IPH-IS.
- Providing detailed technical specifications for the procurement of ICT systems and solutions (to serve as an integral component of the IPH-IS) for monitoring, reporting, benchmarking and/or comparing performance against an agreed set of quality of indicators of health care quality, including those related to the cancer management through a cancer registry system (hereinafter referred to as “Quality Indicators Information System” or “QI-IS”) which will be interoperable both with the central components and with local information systems in health organizations in the Republic of Serbia;
The Software Architect will have the technical responsibility for the process of:
- Identifying the needs including the outline of technical requirements for the necessary infrastructural resources, human resources, ICT equipment (hardware and software) for further development of an effective and efficient operational functioning of the IPH and contribute to the overall IPH-IS;
- Development of technical documents to serve as basis for the procurement and tendering for the development of the QI-IS;
- Facilitation of knowledge transfer to the QI-IS developers;
- Technical consultations throughout the process of QI-IS development and implementation.
The implementation period for the Services is six months.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- At least a University Degree in Information and Communication Technologies or similar. MSc or higher educational level will be taken as an advantage;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in information systems development and/or implementation;
- Experience with the use of various systems analysis methods and techniques (information systems, development methodologies, fact finding techniques, visual modelling languages, etc.);
- Experience in information systems design using various software architectures and database systems. Applicants should provide at least 2 authored/co-authored reference documents that illustrate this experience;
- Good understanding of the architecture of data warehouse and business intelligence systems. The applicants should kindly provide at least 1 authored/co-authored reference document that illustrates this experience/knowledge;
- Good speaking and writing ability in Serbian and English language.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on the conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the IC method set out in the Consultant Guidelines. For details, please contact us at the below address from 09.00 to 15.30 hours on working days.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail, by fax, or by e-mail) by July 12, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400