Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No.: 8830-YF
Assignment Title: IT Support in MoH
Reference No.: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-IC-CS-19-1.2.7.a
Date: July 18, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) should provide IT support to the MoH / Project Coordination Unit (PCU) in the improvement of health financing by:
- Support the introduction of the DRG system, including data collection quality control and analysis of collected data;
- Coordinate the work on the procurement of hardware for hospitals;
- Coordinate work on the implementation of e-Pathways to hospital information systems, or any other work in the area of IT related to Project Component 1 (e.g. preparation of TORs, supervision of other IT consultants, etc.);
- Assist NHIF and IPHS in the implementation of the software for DRG grouping in the their respective IT systems, including analysis of the existing technical capacity and assessing need for the implementation of the DRG grouping software;
- Support the IT departments in the NHIF and IPHS in the maintanance of the DRG grouping software;
- Analyse the existing technical capacity and needs of hospitals related to electronic reporting on hospitalisation to NHIF and IPHS;
- Act as a line contact with other stakeholders regarding DRG and other IT matters;
- Ensure project’s activities are implemented in accordance with defined time-line;
- Assist in the development of technical parts of the bidding documents (procurement documents, evaluations of tenders, software selections, costs and benefits specifications, contracting processes, contract management, associated supervision and acceptance;
- Advise the stakeholders on computer and network infrastructure development in accordance with international and EU recommendations;
- Advise the stakeholders on risk management, information security and privacy of information, ethical use of data, and disaster recovery planning;
- Report on a weekly basis to the Component 1 coordinator, PCU coordinator, and relevant MoH staff, outlining the progress of ICT/DRG projects within NHIF, identifying the existing issues and proposing solutions and next steps.
The consultant is expected to work part time for 12 months. Subject to MoH’s needs, the IT Support in MoH may be employed for a longer period of time.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University Degree in ICT or related field; post graduate degree will be an advantage;
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience;
- Experience in business processes and needs analysis, as well as in system and user requirements analysis and technical specifications development;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Serbian language;
- Previous experience in working in health sector would be an asset;
- Previous experience in projects financed by the World Bank or the EU would be an advantage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 2, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400