Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No.: 8830-YF
Assignment Title: Financial Officer in DRG team
Reference No.: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-IC-CS-19-1.1.2
Date: August 6, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Financial Officer in DRG team should provide MoH / Component 1 of the AF-SSHP - Improvement of Health Financing by providing:
- Support to project activities related to further implementation and development of the output based payment system for hospital acute care based on Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG);
- Support for further training of the staff of the central institutions (MOH, HIF, IPH) related to DRGs, as well as support to hospital management in capacity building through designing and conducting financial management trainings in line with healthcare financing reform as well as on-site visits;
- Support to the MoH and HIF in transforming hospital financial data reported to HIF together with data on the number and type of products and services delivered into a set of activity based costs in accordance with healthcare services included in the DRG system as well as non-DRG services (non-acute treatments, rehabilitation, psychiatric care, ambulatory services, emergency services, long term and palliative care, non-patient services etc.);
- Participation in the development of economic analyses (cost effectiveness analysis, cost-benefit analysis, etc.) and economic evaluations in health care;
- Participation in the development of a strategy and strategic plan to define new ways of contracting and payment system to health care providers;
- Review and analysis of the current contracting system and modalities of HIF payment to health care providers at all levels of health care as well as supporting the development of payment procedures and hospital contracts and contracting procedures of budget funds in accordance with health financing reform;
- Providing support in development of Serbian DRG cost weights together with development of a costing methodology and its application for determination of prices of specific services, and conducting a costing exercise to calculate DRG cost weights adapted to the Serbian context as well as assigning monetary value to the DRG base price, and supporting the gradual shift of hospital care financing from inputs to DRGs;
- Supporting the development of comprehensive guidelines for cost allocation on secondary and tertiary level of healthcare, ensuring that all hospital costs are allocated across the full range of products and services (patient and non-patient) delivered by a hospital, all cost of human and material resources consumed in the delivery of hospital services or matched to the fiscal period in which those all services are delivered and clinical and wage expenses held in departmental cost are distributed to the relevant healthcare service categories and final cost structure;
- Supporting the process of revision and further development of the Price list of services on the secondary and tertiary levels of healthcare to reflect realistic funding needs as well as budgetary restrictions;
- Providing support in revising and further developing and adapting the e-invoicing system of the HIF and related regulatory and legislative framework in order to support the parallel functioning of both DRG based financing and the currently established linear historical financing;
- Performing comparative analyses and benchmarking of the parallel functioning of both DRG based financing and the currently established linear historical financing;
- Performing any other appropriate tasks determined by Coordinator of Component I, PCU Coordinator and/or officials of the Ministry of Health;.
The consultant is expected to work full time for 12 months. Subject to satisfactory performance consultant may be employed for a longer period of time.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University degree in the field of economics;
- Minimum four (4) years of professional experience;
- Good command of written and spoken Englis and Serbian language;
- Previus experience in working in health sector would be an asset;
- Knowledge of DRG payment system would be an asset;
- Previous experience in projects financed by IFIs would be an advantage;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 21, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400