Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No.: 8830-YF
Assignment Title: Financial Officer 1
Reference No.: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-IC-CS-19-1.2.3
Date: August 6, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Financial Officer 1 should provide MoH / Component 1 of the AF-SSHP - Improvement of Health Financing by providing:
- Support to project activities related to further implementation and development of the Capitation payment system in primary healthcare level;
- Analysis of the previous activities related to the introduction of capitation formula as a payment system at the primary health care level and making recommendations for improvement;
- Support for further training of the staff of the central institutions (MOH, HIF, IPH) related to improvement of Capitation formula, as well as support to primary health care management in capacity building through designing and conducting financial management trainings in line with healthcare financing reform as well as on-site visits.
- Participation in the development of economic analyses (cost effectiveness analysis, cost-benefit analysis, etc.) and economic evaluations in health care;
- Participation in the development of a strategy and strategic plan to define new ways of contracting and payment system to health care providers;
- Review and analysis of the current contracting system and modalities of HIF payment to health care providers at all levels of health care as well as supporting the development of payment procedures and contracting procedures of budget funds in accordance with health financing reform.
- Supporting the process of revision and further development of the Price list of services on the primary, secondary and tertiary healthcare levels;
- Participating in meetings and contributing to the work of the MOH’s working group on improving the capitation formula and quality of primary health care;
- Providing support in revising and further developing and adapting the e-invoicing system of the HIF related to primary health care;
- Performing any other appropriate tasks determined by Coordinator of Component I, PCU Coordinator and/or officials of the Ministry of Health;
The consultant is expected to work full time for 12 months. Subject to satisfactory performance consultant may be employed for a longer period of time.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University degree in the field of economics;
- Minimum four (4) years of professional experience;
- Good command of written and spoken Englis and Serbian language;
- Previus experience in working in health sector would be an asset;
- Knowledge of Capitation payment system would be an asset;
- Previous experience in projects financed by IFIs would be an advantage;
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 21, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400