Second Serbia Health Project &
Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No.: 8338-YF & 8830-YF
Assignment Title: Coordinator of the Component 2
Reference No.: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-CS-IC-19-4.5
Date: August 15, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Serbia Health Project and Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the Component 2 Coordinator are to coordinate and facilitate activities under component 2 of the SSHP project (Improve Access to Quality Health Care) towards fulfillment of Components’ objectives and outcomes by providing:
- Coordination, organization, support and monitoring of the project activities to support the rational use of antibiotics. These activities include: (i) improvement of E‐health System to support the rational use of antibiotics; (ii) implementation of the National Antibiotic Resistance Control Programme and Action Plan for the period 2019-2021.; (iii) implementation of the National Good Clinical
Practice Guideline for the rational use of antibiotics.
- Coordination, organization, support and monitoring of the project activities related to improvement and implementation of the E-Prescription System in Serbia. These activities include: (i) cooperation and teamwork with the IT consultant; (ii) implementation of the E-Prescription in social welfare institutions and penitentiaries and inclusion of healthcare institutions outside the network plan; (iii) ensuring the control mechanisms in cooperation with the National Health Insurance Fund; (iv) further improvement of the E-Prescription System.
- Coordination, organization, support and monitoring of the project activities related to improvement and implementation of HTA in Serbia. Project activities related to the improvement and implementation of HTA in Serbia include: (i) cooperation and teamwork with the international and national consultants; (ii) development of partnerships with relevant regional and international HTA organizations, (iii) strengthening of the capacity of the relevant Serbian institutions to carry out improved HTA for pharmaceuticals and medical devices, (iv) development proposals for strengthened institutional arrangements, regulations and bylaws in health sector in Serbia related to the optimal use of HTA and (v) support to the establishment of a HTA unit.
- Coordination, organization, support and monitoring of the project activities related to the improvement of the medical equipment maintenance system in Serbia. These activities include (i) cooperation and teamwork with the international and national consultants; (ii) cooperation with the Human Resources Development, Equipping and Capital Investment in Health Institutions Group of the Ministry of Health and (iii) piloting multi-vendor maintenance services in one or more hospitals by an Independent Service Organization to be selected.
The consultant is expected to work full time. Subject to satisfactory performance, after the three months’ probation and confirmation based on adequate performance for all newly hired staff, the Coordinator of the Component 2 may be employed for the life of the Project (December 31, 2021).
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- Candidate has to hold:
- University degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Economics or a related field
- Completed courses in health policy, pharmaceutical policy or health economics;
A postgraduate degree in in Medicine, Pharmacy, Economics or a related field would be considered as an advantage.
- Candidate has to have at least ten (10) years of professional experience;
- Candidate has to have at least four (4) years of experience working on reform of health systems, preferably reform of procurement practices in health sector.
- Previous experience with the World Bank funded projects and other internationally financed health related projects in Serbia is strongly preferred;
- Candidate has to be fluent in Serbian and English.
- Candidate has to be computer literate.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by August 30, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400