Second Serbia Health Project &
Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No: 8338-YF & 8830-YF
Assignment Title: National consultant for HTA
Reference No: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-CS-IC-19-2.2.3
Date: November 12, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
This is a repeated request for expression of interest, the first one was announced on October 29, 2019. Individual consultants interested in the assignment, who have already sent their expressions of interest, will be taken into consideration and need not apply again.
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Serbia Health Project & Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the National consultant for HTA should provide MoH / Component 2 of the SSHP& AF-SSHP - Improve Access to Quality Health Care by
supporting the activities related to strengthening of the Health Technology Assessment within the Ministry of Health.
National consultant for HTA shall in cooperation and teamwork with the International Consultant for HTA be able to assist, contribute and takeover deliverables of the international experts related to:
- the institutional set-up and arrangements for decision making process that follows principles of HTA based on the governance structure and identify relevant business processes;
- draft policy instruments to support the institutionalization of HTA;
- assesment of the human resources needs of the Ministry of Health (MoH), Health Insurance Fund (HIF), Institute of Public Health of Serbia (IPHS) and other stakeholders regarding HTA capacities;
- draft the terms of reference for missing HR capacities of the institutions for HTA;
- draft a three-year capacity building plan for HTA;
- conduct a training regarding needs assessment, regulatory science, health technology assessment, methodology of clinical trials and outcomes assessment for defined stakeholders;
- develop and document the standard operating procedures and a manual of procedures on the HTA implementation;
- identify and propose study tours on HTA to countries with developed HTA;
- prepare the material to be presented to key stakeholders and potential users who are interested in HTA issues, for the purpose of support and consensus building.
Тhe Consultant shall be engaged for up to 72 days in the period of one year. Duration of the assignment may be subject to extension depending on project needs.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University degree in medical or health sciences (medicine or pharmacy);
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent knowledge of Serbian legislation requirements pertaining to the Health Technology Assessment;
- Experience in IFI financed projects would be an asset;
- Experience of regulatory science, health technology assessment, methodology of clinical trials and outcomes assessment;
- Computer literate;
- Good command of English and Serbian, including oral and written reporting abilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by November 20, 2019.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400