Second Serbia Health Project &
Additional Financing for Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No: 8338-YF & 8830-YF
Assignment Title: International consultant to improve medical equipment maintenance system
Reference No: RS-AFSSHP-8830YF-CS-IC-19-2.3.2
Date: December 17th, 2019
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
The Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Serbia Health Project & Additional Financing for the Second Serbia Health Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the International consultant to improve medical equipment maintenance system should provide MoH / Component 2 of the SSHP& AF-SSHP - Improve Access to Quality Health Care support in the implementation of activities related to the improvement of medical equipment maintenance system within the Ministry of Health.
The main tasks and responsibilities of International consultant to improve medical equipment maintenance system are:
- To analyze and evaluate the existing processes within Human Resources Development, Equipping and Capital Investment in Health Institutions Group of the MoH.
- To establish a comprehensive medical/clinical equipment management and maintenance system within the national health system, as well as to develop the maintenance strategy, systematize the installed medical devices documentation (database), provide description of equipment maintenance personnel qualifications and carry out analysis and evaluation of the existing service and maintenance contracts.
Тhe Consultant shall be engaged for up to 60 days in the period of one year from the beginning of the assignment. Duration of the assignment may be subject to extension depending on project needs.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia, through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU), now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University degree in biomedical engineering or similar field;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in medical equipment management, including commissioning large-scale maintenance network of medical equipment;
- Comprehensive experience of medical equipment maintenance cost estimation;
- Computer literate;
- Good command of English, including oral and written reporting abilities;
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be an asset.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by January 17th, 2020.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400