Second Serbia Health Project
Loan No: 8338-YF
Assignment Title: International Consultant to Work on Weighting and Costing DRGs and other Hospital Services
Reference No: RS-SSHP-8338YF-CS-IC-20-1.1.13.B
Date: May 27, 2020
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT
Republic of Serbia has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Serbia Health Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) of the International Consultant to Work on Weighting and Costing DRGs and other Hospital Services should provide MoH / Component 1 of the SSHP - Improvement of Health Financing with support in realization of the following activities:
- Support to the MoH, HIF and hospital management in the development of comprehensive activity based costing methodology for the allocation of hospital costs to cost centers and the development of the methodology for cost analysis for hospital care and to provide guidelines, knowledge and skills for hospital managers in developing efficiency measures that hospital can use in monitoring and controlling operational costs.
- Support to the MoH, HIF and IPH in the development of Serbian DRG cost weights and calculation of the DRG base rate, as well as the pricing of “non-DRG” hospital services.
- Support to the MoH, HIF and hospital management in in the development of the budgeting, planning, and forecasting tools and hospital efficiency-cost control measures.
- Training of MoH, HIF, IPH, and hospital management in healthcare financial management and use of the new provider payment instruments.
- Support to the MoH, HIF and IPH with the further development of the methodology for the analysis and benchmarking of the financial performance of hospitals.
Тhe Consultant shall be engaged for 12 Months from the beginning of the assignment.
The detailed Terms of Reference for the above referenced consulting services is posted on the website of the Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia at http://www.zdravlje.gov.rs.
The Ministry of Health of Republic of Serbia through its Project Coordination Unit (PCU) now invites individual consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
- University degree in the field of medical science, health economics, health service management
- Minimum four (4) years of work experience in financial department of health care institutions using DRGs
- Knowledge of Serbian health system and health care financing system would be an asset
- Knowledge of Australian Refined – Diagnosis Related Groups
- Good command of written and spoken English language
- Computer literacy (MS Office, Internet)
- Previous experience in projects financed by the World Bank or the EU would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Serbian language would be an asset
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers – Procurement in Investment Project Financing Goods, World, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services, July 2016, Revised August 2018 (“the Regulations”) setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Open Competitive Selection of Individual Consultants as set out in the Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09.00 to 15.00 hours.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form in English language to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by June 12, 2020.
Dom zdravlja Savski venac
Ms. Žana Cvetković, Procurement Specialist
Drugi projekat razvoja zdravstva Srbije
Pasterova 1 Str., 11000 Beograd
Republic of Serbia
Tel 1: +381 11 36 06 403
Tel 2: +381 11 36 06 402
Fax: +381 11 36 06 400